Wednesday, January 30, 2013

day 4 post

Yesterday we broke up into groups and made a magazine cover for the 14th amendment. We named our magazine A-27 because there are 27 amendments. we wrote that in our Magazine there were going to be some ways to start your own business, how to find your new husband, how to by new properties and the new amendments that had been added. This exercise helped me realize the new power people had and that all people wanted to do was have the same rights of everyone else which I don't think is much to ask for. Today in class we discussed the different plans people made. Personally I agreed with Lincolns plan a little more because he believed in political equality, personally I think we should all be equal in all aspects of life. I believe that if we gradually gave these rights away the South wouldn't have wanted to rebel right away and they would get more and more used to the fact that we should all have equal rights. Over all these activities helped me better understand everyone's feelings and what was going through peoples heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment