Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 2 post

Today in school we had an assembly about drugs, or at least that's what it was supposed to be about. To me and many others it was an assembly on how to treat people as well. this man came and did a one man show which I found to be quite funny but in between laughs you were able to see some serious situations. Mr. Boyle had a talk with my class, about how we treat each other. I agreed with him that we do treat people awful, but we aren't bad people, we throw around words that we don't mean, we label others for what they look like and how they dress. Right here right now I personally am not going to tolerate it any more, im not going to sit around while others get bullied and trash talked, Mr. Boyle you were right today and even though I might not always participate in the conversation I am still not doing anything to stop it. its not an easy change and we all have to come together to make a change, kind of like the African American civil rights movement, everyone had to come together and be on the same terms in order to make integration successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment