Sunday, October 21, 2012

day 4

Are we really as bad off as we think we are? I was asked this question in class today and my first reasponse was yes. Yes, because we are told so many people are laid off, many people are going hungry, people are in dept, we are at war, people are dying at war. Now my teacher asked us a few more questions, Are the malls empty when you go shopping?,No. Are there no cars on the high way?, No. How many of you know people at war? About five hands went up in my class including me. That left me with the question still, Are we really as bad as we think we are? So i guess in a way no we aren't. We may have to cut back on a few christmas gifts or not go on as many vacations but what makes us so bad? I guess we aren't that bad because i look around me and i may not see everyones struggles but i see the girl next to me with her ugg boots and the kid up front with the Northface backpack, i don't see anything that would alarm me that anything major is going on. So why are we told all of these things? to keep us working hard, maybe to try and watch our expences but honestly we are not at all THAT bad. We are not perfect, people are still at war and people are still having trouble paying bills and getting laid off but we have been worse. So now that i look back at the question we were given i would say no because the malls are full, the highways are pact and not very many of us are affected by war.

No comments:

Post a Comment